Did you know that many veterans have foot problems, pain, or conditions that they suffer from that are often overlooked or misunderstood, and causing them to miss out on disability ratings/benefits? In this post, we’re going to get a little scientific, but then break it down, so you can get a more clear idea of what foot deformities and conditions mean and which are most common.
~The easiest (and free!) way to find out if you have foot disabilities that can increase your rating is to fill out a consult request on our website’s main page: www.bevetstrong.com ~
The most common foot disabilities:
*Pes Planus –A flat foot/fallen arch.
*Pes Cavus– A hollow foot/high arch
*Plantar Fasciitis can result from either a fallen (flat) or high arch. Hammertoe, bunions, arthritis, inflammation, pain, limited or painful mobility, and more are just some of the other conditions that can accompany flat foot/fallen arch or a high arch/hollow foot.
Feet are rated on the severity of symptoms. We have broken down the severity and percentages below.
Moderate symptoms- One foot 10%, Bilateral (both feet) 10%
- Weight bearing line over the big toe (flat foot)
- Pain increases when using or moving the foot
- Inward bending of Achilles tendon
Severe symptoms- One foot 20%, Bilateral 30%
- Foot deformity or marked pronation- This sounds scarier than it is. Foot deformity and pronation is from a flat foot or high arch. We can help you determine if you are suffering from either of these!
- Pain on moving the foot
- Increased pain on use of foot
- Characteristic calluses
Pronounced symptoms- One foot 30%, Bilateral 50%
- Marked pronation -Again, this is from a fallen arch (flat foot) or a high arch
- No improvement by inserts, appliances or orthotics
- Extreme tenderness on plantar surfaces- This means the bottom of the foot.
- Inward displacement or severe spasm of Achilles tendon
We work with veterans to help them maximize their VA benefits. The process can be complicated, but we help simplify, streamline, and take the stress out of it. If you, or someone you know, could benefit from this article, please share this with them and have them contact us.
We offer free consultations that help both us and you know if you qualify for more disability benefits. Visit www.bevetstrong.com to schedule a free consultation with us.